Thursday, April 12, 2012

Couponing!!!

I still am very much into couponing! I have no clue why I did not get into it when I was a college student! It would have been amazing at how much money I could have saved. I will say that I have cut back a lot though on couponing, meaning I don't check all my sights a million times a day. The more and more I do couponing the faster I get at it! The people who spend 30+ hrs a week doing it are crazy. You can save so much money with just a little planning on your shopping trip. I calculated out my savings from 3 weeks of shopping trips and took pictures below.

Ps. I only go shopping once a week and only go to Walmart- with price matching there it saves so much more time and money only shopping there!!!



Week 1- Should have paid $99.32 and I only paid $24.86


Week 2- Should have paid $74.15 and I only paid $12.17


Week 3- Should have paid $55.35 and I only paid $15.96


In those 3 weeks I should have paid $228.82 and I only paid $52.99. By using coupons and price matching I saved $175.83!

There was nothing special with those shopping trips, just looked over the ads for the week and bought my groceries. I just wanted to actually see and calculate the savings I can do with coupons. I wish I would have done it for 4 weeks to really see how much I spend on a month compared to what I should have paid for all the groceries. And the thing is I am getting enough stuff to add to my storage too, food and toiletries.

1 comment: